DSL stands for the Daily spending limit allowed for The Ad Account. Each ad account has a certain DSL which depends on the trust level of your ad account.
- Learn more about account spending limits: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/141820733085330
- Learn more about Meta daily spending limits: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/563129151097553
- Learn more on how budgets, spending limits and your payment threshold differ: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/998181913623584
The system increases the daily spending limit according to your advertising activities.
Here are a few things for you to consider:
- The more successful payment transactions you carry the better. For example, your newly created ad account has a DSL of $50; in this case, the recommended billing threshold is $10. It means you’ll have five successful payment transactions per day, which positively affects the level of trust.
- Use ad accounts extensively. If you have ads running regularly, this also has a positive impact on the account’s level of trust.
- Avoid ad blocking. Rejected ads and blocking of your ad account slow down the increase of the account’s trust level. If you comply with all these rules, the system will increase the level of trust of your ad account without your involvement.
Note that your account reaching Tier 2 does not depend on how much money you spend. You can either spend $1,000 per month and comply with Advertising Standards, or you can spend $50 and your account might be promoted to Tier 2 anyway.
However, promoting from Tier 2 to Tier 3 depends on your advertising costs. The more you spend on ads, the more likely it is that you will reach Tier 3 in about five months.