Previously, I have published an article about bans related to prohibited business models usage (hereinafter “PBM”), but I overlooked some issues since this type of ban includes several variables as opposed to other types of bans (security bypass (SB), violation of advertising policies (APV), and connections with untrusted accounts).
At this point, it has been revealed that you can receive the PBM ban for:
- In case a previous domain was blocked, then there’s a high chance of a PBM ban before moderation or micro spends. Therefore, you might want to use new domains without history. (In a real-case scenario, domains with history might be banned either for PBM or SB). Free domains from website builders will be banned for PBM more often than your newly registered domains. Google sites are not considered for now;
- Using someone else’s domain that is connected to the Business Manager via Brand Security. This is the reason why you might be banned for PBM when you upload campaigns to other people’s white websites. (Thus, we were repeatedly banned when sending adidas.com for moderation. Sometimes it passed moderation successfully, but when using this campaign as a warm-up for the ad cabinet, we were banned for PBM on micro spends);
- Overused creative. When you upload the same creative over and over again, the PBM ban is also the case. The same creos without uniquelization usually work 2-3 times. That’s why you might be banned for PBM for a standard warm-up post on behalf of the FP, especially when the FB’s bad moon rises. As for uniquelization, changing hashtags, invisible pixels, the length of the video, etc. won’t help. Only changing the visual elements or text arrangement might help. Changing the font won’t help either, since FB appreciates new and unique creatives more.
- A creative approach. If you’ve uploaded a new creative using fresh FP and domain, you might be PBM-banned for the nutra-style text combined with the visual. In this case, to seek for reason, you must take the following steps:
- Remove the text from the creative. If this didn’t help, then the footage is the issue solved by cutting off trigger frames/elements;
- If the video/picture without text passed moderation and you managed to spend above $10 with it, then you can change the text.
- Fan Page. If you’ve overused hardcore creatives in the FP, FB will warn you about a potential violation of the advertising policies.
As of this writing, these are all the reasons for PBM bans I know of.
In the following article, I will share my insights on security bypass (SB) bans.
Subscribe and discover new insights on Facebook:
- VK: https://vk.com/generatorteam
- INST: https://www.instagram.com/leadgeneratoragency/
- Telegram: https://t.me/generatoragency
Content on social media and messengers repeats itself, so you are free to choose your favorite media.